This is my humble simple review of a popular revision book for A level mathematics, especially at H2 level.
- Each chapter contains many questions, good for exposure purpose. E.g. the chapter of sequence and series has over 170 questions for students to practice on.
- Question book is relatively affordable at $15.95 with numerical answers provided.
- All major topics are covered.
- Solutions’ book is separated so that student can refer to both questions and solutions in an easier manner.
- The topics are not finely divided and the questions are arranged in a mess.
For example, the questions on summation and mathematical induction are mixed together, it is actually quite difficult for
a student to practice questions on a single topic at a time.
2. The problems in the book are not being carefully selected.
For example, there are plenty of questions on mathematical induction based on summation. However there are only 1
or 2 questions on induction involving sequences with recurrence relation.
3. The solution book is very expensive, costing approximately $58. If they are not profit driven then probably they would
have provided e-solutions through registration using a code per user.
4. The questions are of standard level of difficulty, so it is not as “challenging” as indicated by the book title.
These books are suitable for
Students who can achieve a safe pass on their own (C grade and above) and hopes to push their grades further
These books are NOT suitable for
Students who are struggling to achieve a pass as the questions are not arranged in a user friendly format and not sorted by fine topics nor level of difficulty.